Friday, February 8, 2013

Word Wall Teaching Tool


My Art Word Wall is one of my favorite teaching tools.  I use it to display the key words and or Artist's name relating to my art lessons.  I have one for each grade, Kindergarten through sixth grade.  When a grade level is finished with a lesson I hang the new lesson's vocabulary words.  When I first hung my word wall I just put the words but the photos with them makes them more useful and appealing especially for younger grades. This is an old photo so there are some without pictures. 
















When I am reviewing a lesson with classes students often look to the word wall to see if they can find the answers to the questions that I ask.  The pictures and words help reinforce some the elements of the lesson that I want the students to remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment